STEP ONE: Schedule Your Phone or Video Consultation with Mieshelle Nagelschneider.
- Important Update: We are currently scheduling phone and video appointments with the doctor and behaviorist through February 1st. For urination or defecation issues, participate in our feline study and receive the reduced consult fee through January 20th. Scheduled cat owners can also become part of Mieshelle’s National Geographic/Disney cat behavior show production next year.
THE SCHEDULING PROCESS:
In lieu of Paypal, you are welcome to contact the clinic to schedule and pay with credit card at 503-267-8888. Our office scheduling hours are daily from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific/9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern.
Feline Urination and Defecation Behavior Wellness Program includes:
- 3 Hours of Consultation Time/4 Week Program: One-hour initial consultation and two follow-up consults included during the 4 week evaluation program time with Mieshelle Nagelschneider.
- During the initial behavior plan consultation you will receive an in depth behavior analysis and an all-encompassing behavior plan including behavior strategies for your single cat or multi-cat household. Behavior plans are based on the most recent cat behavior scientific research studies that include feline learning and memory, feline evolutionary biology, and gene-encoded “innate” behavior in cats.
- The 325.00 consult fee includes the $125.00 study discount through January 20th (consult programs are 450.00 without study participation). Consults are conducted by phone or video (Skype or Zoom).
- If paying via Paypal, the website will automatically take you to Step 2 (scheduling form) and then Step 3 (Feline Behavior History form) after completing Paypal payment.
Your consultation will be scheduled with our principle certified cat behaviorist and founder of the clinic, Mieshelle Nagelschneider (or the option of Dr. Shultz if you’re local or virtual if a veterinarian). If you are in need of an in-home consultation with either the cat behaviorist or veterinarian (this is determined by state), these need to be scheduled by phone and different behavior fees apply.
The Science Behind Successfully Correcting Your Cat’s Behavior Long Term
As the first “Cat Behaviorist” and cats exclusively behavior clinic in the United States, Mieshelle Nagelschneider studied animal behavior at Oxford University and animal behavior and animal welfare at the University of Edinburgh (Royal School of Veterinary Studies). Her study at Harvard University has enabled her to help cat owners think more scientifically about their cat’s behavior. She is the award-winning international author of New York Times acclaimed feline behavior science book published in 4 languages by Random House Publishing and long time National Geographic cat behaviorist and cat species researcher for cat behavior documentaries and published works. View 350 solved case study reviews and client testimonials.
Gene-encoded Behavior and Why it Matters For Lasting Success for Cat Behavior Issues
Taking into consideration feline evolutionary biology and your cat’s gene encoded behavior (instincts and fixed action patterns) is just one of several components that must be a part of a successful behavior plan that yields lasting results. To achieve this, it’s necessary to work with a cat behaviorist that has a solid understanding of, and can effectively apply the sciences of genetics, animal psychology, biology, physiology, learning and memory to effectively correct a cat’s behavior.