25 Years in Practice Solving Cat Behavior Issues for Thousands of Cat Owners in Over 30 Countries
Experienced and Licensed Veterinarian & Certified Cat Behaviorist (Harvard and Oxford-trained) and Founders of the “Cat Behaviorist” Specialty
The clinic specializes in cat aggression, urination, defecation, and excessive vocalization behavior issues. There is simply no cat behavior problem we have not helped our clients solve many times — or that we cannot help you to solve now. Our licensed veterinary and cat behaviorist team provide excellent and comprehensive cat behavior care by applying the sciences of genetics, animal psychology, biology, physiology, and feline learning and memory to effectively correct a cat’s behavior – all with a Zoom video call or in-person in select areas. This is why we have more cat owners purring than anyone (hundreds of testimonials here).
Our behavior team scientifically observes, analyzes, and records animal behavior from a behavioral cognitive, ethological, and feline evolutionary point of view. We have helped thousands of cat owners for over two decades and in over 30 countries by phone or video solve their cat’s behavior issues. Recipient of the Golden Purr Award for her contribution to cat behavior, you can learn more about Mieshelle’s animal behavior study and experience at Oxford University and Harvard University here.
Go to: Cat Urination. We have performed several thousand urination consultations. This is by far the number one behavior issues with cats. Help cats just like yours by becoming part of our study and receive the reduced consult fee (please contact the clinic before September 30th).
- Go to: Cat Defecation no matter where it’s occurring. The defecation program is one of our favorite behavior appointments with our clients (we have close to a 100% success rate with all cats we work with -the highest of all behavior issues second to urination). Participate in our study to receive the reduced defecation consult fee through September 30th. This problem is an unusual one as compared to a urination issue and has been known to perplex most behaviorists. Mieshelle has lectured nationally and internationally on this issue to veterinarians, shelter workers, and cat advocates.
- Aggressive cat behavior with the owner, other cats (or dogs), or people within the household. There are several types of aggression and you may have more than one type at play.
- Clawing and other destructive behaviors — stop your cat from scratching the furniture.
- Other so-called “bad cat behavior”.
- Last, but not least, along with your vet, we can help your cat get the medical intervention it might need in addition to our behavioral expertise — some behavior problems are caused or exacerbated by pain or illness. Behavior problems caused by pain or illness often persist even after the medical problem is solved, and we’ll tell you when you need a good vet.
- Read about our Outstanding Clinic Success Rate.
- Read over 350 solved case studies and clinic testimonials from phone or video consultations.
Learn more about past and current animal behavior studies through Oxford University, The University of Edinburgh – The Royal School of Veterinary Studies, and Mieshelle’s behavior study and experience Harvard.
Like most expert cat behaviorists, we are able to achieve full success with you over the phone or by Skype or Zoom video. Learn why. Contact The Cat Behavior Clinic to schedule a behavior consultation for your cat (or cats) at 1-503-267-8888.
Cat Behavior Problem: Training for You and Your Cat
We also help our clients to train their cats in desirable new behaviors and cat behavior modification:
- Introducing (and re-introducing) new kittens, other cats, other animals, or new people to the household, using The Nagelschneider Method, a highly effective scientific system for reducing hostility available only from the Clinic’s own behaviorists.
- Keeping cats off counters and other areas
- Calming the over-stimulated or fearful cat
- Feral or semi-feral cat socialization, environment acclimation and training
- Taking care of kittens
Cat Behavior Problem: Understanding Your Cat’s Behavior
We can even help you to understand behaviors that many clients think is abnormal, strange, or unusual, and help you interpret what those behaviors mean.
- What’s normal male cat behavior — and what’s not
- Cat in heat behavior and female cat behavior in general
- Cat sexual and mating behavior
- Pregnant cat behavior
- Cat licking behavior
- Cat litter box behavior
- Cat kneading behavior
- Feral cat behavior
- Cat eating behavior
- Cat nocturnal running behavior
- Cat behavior by breed
- Wild cat behavior, for wild cat owners or as a way of understanding domestic cat behavior or wild cat hybrid
Contact The Cat Behavior Clinic to schedule a behavior consultation for your cat (or cats!). Mieshelle consults with cat owners worldwide from California to Australia. Our veterinarians perform in-home consultations in the states they are licensed to practice or vet-to-vet consults remotely.
World-renowned Oxford-trained Cat Behaviorist Mieshelle Nagelschneider, The Cat Whisperer™️
Schedule an Appointment