For Over Two Decades the Clinic Has Scientifically Observed and Analyzed Cat Behavior from a Behavioral Cognitive, Ethological, and Feline Evolutionary Point of View
- Important Update: We are currently scheduling the doctor and behaviorist through October 31st. For urination or defecation issues, participate in our feline study and receive the reduced consult fee through October 26th. Scheduled cat owners can also become part of Mieshelle’s National Geographic cat behavior show production..
- View our Outstanding Clinic Success Rate Page for Urination, Defecation, Urine Spray-marking and All Aggression Issues.
- Phone and Video Consults: View 350 solved feline case studies and hundreds of client testimonials.
Gene-encoded Behavior and the Science Behind Solving Your Cat’s Behavior Issue
Mieshelle Nagelschneider studied animal behavior at Oxford University and animal behavior and animal welfare at the University of Edinburgh Royal School of Veterinary Studies. Read more about Mieshelle at Harvard University (here) and how she helps cat owners think more scientifically about their cat’s behavior. Mieshelle is the award-winning international author of New York Times acclaimed feline behavior science book published in 4 languages by Random House Publishing. Watch Mieshelle on National Geographic as their cat behaviorist and researcher for numerous cat behavior documentaries and published works for the 37 species of wildcats and as a notable wildcat hybrid expert.
Scheduling Step One: Choose Your Behavior Consultation
$450.00 Comprehensive Feline Cognition Behavior Wellness Consultation Program
- Suitable for all feline aggression issues, anxiety or fear-related issues, vertical urine-marking, excessive vocalization or nighttime activity, PICA, and overgrooming issues, and complex urination or defecation issues.
- Includes 3 to 4 hours of consultation time by phone or video (Skype, Zoom, or Facetime) during the 4 week program evaluation period. A flexible way to use your consult time during the 4 weeks.
- During your initial consultation you will receive an in-depth behavior analysis and an all-encompassing progressive and tailored behavior plan. Behavior plans include behavior strategies for your single cat or multi-cat household based on the most recent cat behavior scientific research studies.
- 4 week program time includes ongoing weekly observation and analysis and behavior plan progression during your scheduled consultation follow-ups.
$325.00 Urination and Defecation Consultation Feline Cognition Behavior Wellness Program
- Urination and/or defecation consults only. Through October 26th become part of our social facilitation study and receive the reduced consult fee of 325.00. It’s your chance to not only help your cat(s), but other cats experiencing similar behavior issues. To be eligible, your cat(s) must be spayed/neutered. In lieu of Paypal, you are welcome to schedule by contacting the clinic at: 503-267-8888.
- 3 hours of consult time. The initial behavior plan consultation lasts approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The remaining time we recommend using in 2 additional consultations during the 4 week program evaluation period.
- You will receive a comprehensive behavior analysis and tailored behavior plan during the initial consultation. Behavior plans include behavior strategies for your single cat or multi-cat household based on the most recent cat behavior scientific research studies.
- 4 week program time includes ongoing weekly observation, analysis and behavior plan progression recommendations during your scheduled consultation follow-ups.
- Due to Covid, in-person consultations are not being conducted. Consult fees range from 850.00 to 1200.00 and are conducted in your home by Mieshelle and/or Dr. Shultz. Dr. Shultz also performs consultations vet-to-vet remotely. Mieshelle has traveled to Japan and the Philippines for in-person consultations!
Contact the Clinic to Schedule or Use Paypal:
If not using Paypal, please contact the clinic to schedule and pay with credit card at1-503-267-8888. Scheduling hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific/9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern 7 days a week. Mieshelle conducts consultations worldwide. Appointments are conducted 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific time/12:00 to 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Mieshelle is a New York Times Acclaimed Cat Behavior Science Author Published in 4 Languages (Random House Publishing and National Geographic).
Gene-encoded Cat Behavior: It Matters For Lasting Success for Cat Behavior Issues
The clinic’s cat behavior program provides a comprehensive treatment approach incorporating a behavioral cognitive, ethological, and feline evolutionary point of view. Taking into consideration feline evolutionary biology and your cat’s gene-encoded behavior (instincts and fixed action patterns) is just one of several components that must be part of a successful behavior plan that has lasting results. To achieve this it’s necessary to work with an experienced cat behaviorist, but most importantly, one with formal study in animal psychology and behavior. The ability to apply the sciences of genetics, animal psychology, biology, physiology, and feline learning and memory is needed to effectively correct a cat’s behavior. The clinic solves cat behavior issues by scientifically observing and analyzing your cat’s behavior. The clinic has helped thousands of cat owners for over two decades throughout the United States and in over 30 different countries by phone, video or in-person.
Is Your Cat a Good Candidate for a Behavior Consultation?
Probably, but this is our clinic efficacy guarantee policy: We know you are loving cat owners wanting the best for your cats and we are here to offer our guidance and expertise. If after the clinic evaluates your completed feline behavior history form it’s determined a consultation would not be appropriate or effective for your cat(s), the clinic will hold a consultation at no charge to discuss what would be the most beneficial help for your cat.
What’s the Latest with Mieshelle and National Geographic?
The Science Behind Successfully Diagnosing and Treating Cat Behavior Issues
Our cat behavior program provides a comprehensive treatment approach incorporating a behavioral cognitive, ethological, and feline evolutionary point of view. Understanding how behavior is actually measured and how scientific studies are conducted and reported is crucial before taking the steps involved in designing and carrying out a behavior plan to change a cat’s behavior. The benefits of working with a cat behaviorist who really understands the latest in feline behavior can literally last you for years. (Like driving lessons, typing lessons, or a parenting class). A consultation with Mieshelle is nothing less than an investment towards a happier and problem-free cat — and toward your sanity. The advice, knowledge, and tools you’ll get during and after your consultation, as well as the traps (and products) to avoid, will repay you many times over.
Mieshelle’s Internationally Published Books and National Geographic Works
“The reason people are so mesmerized by house cats is because they are truly miniature versions of lions, tigers, and leopards. In her book The Cat Whisperer, Mieshelle Nagelschneider explains the behavior of the house cat in an unprecedented and most accessible way, offering unique insight into the often misunderstood companion animal that is as wild as we have become civilized.”—Jordan Carlton Schaul, Ph.D., contributing editor, National Geographic, and curator, Orange County Zoo
Mieshelle’s International Arm & Hammer Litter Cat Behavior Media Tour – Parent Magazine Live in Toronto, Canada – Preventing Feline Behavior Issues. Mieshelle goes beyond the obvious behavior strategies and facts during the behavior consultation program with comprehensive behavior plans based on scientific research behavior studies of felids, your cat’s feline evolutionary biology, innate learning styles and memory, and current external and internal factors affecting your cat. Our outstanding 95% clinic success rate.
Please familiarize yourself with our Clinic Policies including cancellation, rescheduling and refund policies here.
In-home local consultations are accepted on a case by case basis by Dr. Jim Shultz DVM or Mieshelle Nagelschneider and rates are determined by your location and nature of behavior issue, but normally begin at $850.00 (plus flight and hotel accommodations if you are out of state). Dr. Shultz performs in-home consults locally only. The majority of our clients schedule phone or video consultations with Mieshelle. Follow-up calls are $125.00 for up to a 30 minute call.
The value you receive goes well beyond the cat issue you have today. Because we truly educate our clients on how cats act and behave — and especially how their behavior is totally different from the dogs that most people unconsciously use as models — our clients are able to more knowledgeably raise and enjoy cats for as long as they have cats.
2020 Award Recipient Honoring
“Exemplary Businesses and Professionals in the Field of Animal Behavior“.
World-renowned Cat Behaviorist Mieshelle Nagelschneider, The Cat Whisperer™️
Schedule a Consultation