STEP ONE: Schedule Your Phone or Video Consultation
- Important Update: We are currently scheduling Zoom and phone appointments with the doctor and behaviorist team through October 3oth. For urination or defecation issues, participate in our feline study and receive the reduced consult fee through September 30th. Scheduled cat owners can also participate in Mieshelle’s upcoming National Geographic cat behavior show production.
THE SCHEDULING PROCESS:
In lieu of scheduling online via the Paypal process, you can also contact the clinic to schedule and pay with credit card over the phone at 503-267-8888. If scheduling online, you are guaranteed an appointment email within 24 – 48 hours (excluding weekends). If you’re somewhat flexible we can typically schedule you within the week. Our office scheduling hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific/12:00 to 9:00 p.m. Eastern 7 days a week. Most of our clients schedule their remote consultations with Mieshelle. Our veterinarians conduct consultations in-person locally or vet-to vet virtually. Once you’ve processed your payment via Paypal you will be taken to Step 2 (Scheduling Form) and Step 3 (Feline Behavior History Form).
450.00: 4 week Full Comprehensive Feline Cognition Behavior Wellness Consultation Program includes:
- 3-4 Hours/4 Week Program (3 to 4 appointments included). Phone or Video Comprehensive Feline Behavior Wellness Consultation Program is suitable for single cat or multiple cats with vertical urine spray-marking, all aggression issues, fearful behavior, excessive vocalization, compulsive pica, complex urination or defecation issues, and overgrooming.
- A flexible plan allowing you to use the consult time over 4 weeks for ongoing analysis and development of progressive behavior plans. Your first appointment will be your longest lasting 1 to 1.5 hours.
- During the initial behavior plan consultation you will receive an in depth behavior analysis and an all-encompassing behavior plan including behavior strategies for your single cat or multi-cat household. Behavior plans are based on the most recent cat behavior scientific research studies that include feline learning and memory, feline evolutionary biology, and gene-encoded “innate” behavior in cats.
- The clinic recommends dividing your hours into 3 – 4 consultations depending on the complexity or nature of the behavior issue(s).
- Also included in every consultation is a dietary analysis and recommendations based on Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkin’s philosophy of the quintessential Atkins species.
In-person consultations are conducted by our veterinarians and Mieshelle with a separate fee schedule and are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the clinic at 503-267-8888 to learn more.
The Science Behind Successfully Changing Your Cat’s Behavior Long Term
Our collaborative team are the founders of the “cat behaviorist” specialty and the first cat-only behavior clinic in the United States. Mieshelle Nagelschneider studied animal behavior at Oxford University and animal behavior and animal welfare at the University of Edinburgh (Royal School of Veterinary Studies). She is the award-winning author of New York Times acclaimed feline behavior science book published in 4 languages by Random House Publishing and National Geographic cat behaviorist for cat behavior documentaries and published works. Read 350 client testimonials.
Gene-encoded Behavior and Why it Matters For Lasting Success for Cat Behavior Issues
Taking into consideration feline evolutionary biology and your cat’s gene encoded behavior (instincts and fixed action patterns) is just one of several components that must be a part of a successful behavior plan that has lasting results. To achieve this, it’s necessary to work with a cat behaviorist that can effectively apply the sciences of genetics, animal psychology, biology, physiology, learning and memory to effectively correct a cat’s behavior.